[ale] diald "modprobe: can't locate module ppp0" error

Gary S. Mackay Gary at edisoninfo.com
Wed Nov 17 22:13:29 EST 1999

Well, I hate to answer my own e-mail, but I felt it important to let others
know what I found. There seems to be a 'bug' in the RedHat 6.0 rc.sysint
script that does not deal with the modules portion properly. I recompiled the
kernel with the 'kernel module loader' turned off and it cured my problem. I
have since upgraded to RedHat 6.1 tonight and that seems to have corrected the
'bug' also.

- Gary

--
Edison Information Technologies