[ale] Slackware 7 - MD5 and PAM problems

Gary S. Mackay Gary at edisoninfo.com
Fri Nov 12 22:10:34 EST 1999

Webmin and Dialmon are great packages! My question is in regards to the
password handling in Slack 7. Webmin gives an error saying about perl MD5 not
installed when I try to create a user. I can't seem to find the piece I'm
missing. I use Webmin against a RedHat box and do not have the errors. I do
not have an /etc/pam.d directory on the Slack box either. I know that has
something to do with it, but I don't know what. Also, dialmon gave an error
when compiling that dealt with the same thing. Something about PAM not
installed on this system. How do I get around these errors? What am I missing?

Gary

--
Edison Information Technologies
P.O. Box 554