[ale] BellSouth and ADSL (again)...

smnoldelinux at mediaone.net smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
Wed Nov 10 20:36:05 EST 1999

David Heath wrote:

> 3) Mediaone roadrunner. This appears to be fairly simple to set up. I
> have never had any problems with their cable tv service. However, I
> have seen on the rrlinux message board that throughput in Atlanta
> during peak hours is less than 1KB/sec, which is significantly worse
> than dialup.

I've got mediaonerr and I haven't had a bit of trouble since day one.  I
would also like to add that Linux is easily configured for use with rr
without any special packages or hardware.

I'm not a real bandwidth hungry net surfer and ADSL might provide a
little more speed, but what's the use if you're on BellSouth lines?  As
far as I'm concerned, cable provides excellent throughput.  And my TV
couldn't have a better picture!

- Scott