[ale] WordPerfect free and commercial differences

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Tue Nov 9 13:53:35 EST 1999

Hi,

I got moderately smart and remembered that I actually had an old install of
the downloadable version of Linux WP 8 kicking around on a FreeBSD box here,
so I did a quick diff of the directory trees to see what you're paying
for.  If anyone wants to look at it, I put it at

<http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/kaboom/linux/wp.diff.gz>.

It gets a little messy to read, since I was lazy and didn't clean it up, and
diff's not smart enough to really do that thing well w/o a little help.
Basically, though, it looks like the commercial one adds:

Acrobat Reader (3.0, licensed)
all the sample files, templates, background graphics, help, etc.
different printer system?
the font installer (xwpfi)
a bazillion fonts, which I've not installed so they don't show up
the draw program (xwpdraw)
the equation editor (which is actually already there, just disabled?)

later,
chris

--
Chris Ricker                                               kaboom at gatech.edu