[ale] Redhat v6.1 and kernel 2.2.13

Bob Kruger bkruger at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 1 07:07:52 EST 1999

I attempted to compile and install the latest stable kernel (v2.2.13) with
my new installation of Redhat v6.1.  The compile and install went fine. The
new System.map and vmlinuz file were properly installed and present.  I
modified the lilo.conf file as follows:

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
default=linux
timeout=50
default=linux
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=linux
        read-only
        root=/dev/hda1

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.12-20
        label=linux2220
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.2.12-20.img
        read-only
        root=/dev/hda1

I then reran lilo, and it parsed the lilo.conf file just fine.  The system
still boots with kernel v2.2.12.

I must admit that I am unfamiliar with the initrd line in lilo.

Anyone have any hints on how to fix this so that I can boot kernel 2.2.13?

Thanks in advance for any assitance.

Regards - Bob Kruger