[ale] CD-Writing Issues

Christopher S. Adams toiletduk at penguinpowered.com
Thu May 27 21:04:21 EDT 1999

i tried it long ago without removing atapi cdroms, and it didn't work
the only problem is, your cdrom devices change

with my 2 cdroms in final releases, my devices are:
/dev/sr0   through /dev/sr7  for my dvdrom
/dev/sr8   through /dev/sr15  for my burner

or something along those lines
but in prepatches and ac patches, it seems to work out fine as
/dev/sr0 for my dvdrom
/dev/sr1 for my burner

i don't know what the deal is there :)
but i DO know that you can't have atapi cdrom support enabled while you have
scsi emulation
you also need to enable scsi cdrom support

Chris