[ale] rpm single file extract

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed May 26 13:14:11 EDT 1999

    Scott> Hi All, Being a slackware user, I am not all that familiar
    Scott> with rpm.  I was posed a question by a friend as to
    Scott> extracting one file from an rpm distribution.  The man page
    Scott> does not cover single file extraction, nor the HOWTO.  Is
    Scott> this function available?, or will it be a full extraction
    Scott> to an alternate directory and then copy the file in
    Scott> question?

	One of the cross-distribution tools (alien is the name of one
that comes to mind off the top of my head) might be able to do it, or
you could use the rpm2cpio program that will skip over the package
info part of the RPM and pull out just the cpio archive that can be
manipulated with cpio.

--
Fletch                |                                            __`'/|
fletch at phydeaux.org   |       "I drank what?" -- Socrates          \ o.O'