[ale] creating a 1.2 5.25" boot disk

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Wed May 26 10:01:45 EDT 1999

I would have suggested making that (hda1) about 2MB in size then
reallocating that to be mounted as the /boot subdirectory; this would allow
you to use a conventional DOZE MBR, installing LILO in hda1 and VMLINUZ in
/boot; I do this as policy thus ensuring bootability even on huge drives (my
circa-1992 486 has a single 12.7GB drive).