[ale] VPN's

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Wed May 26 09:21:42 EDT 1999

I should think that the additional CPU time to de/compress would be
substantially smaller than the time to transmit the additional bytes (unless
you've got a gigabit connection). Same rules should apply here as using
v.42bis - works best for ordinary text, worst for uncompressable (ZIP,
encrypted, etc.) files.

Darn! the 'EscapeChar' really did sound like a head-thunker, too!