[ale] Telnet to Linux from a winbox

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Mon May 24 21:11:15 EDT 1999

You must not have your LAN networking configured correctly on this system; open an MS-DOS command prompt and use the command "ROUTE PRINT" to see where your local network is routed. My guess is that you have this box configured with a different subnet than the rest of your LAN.

Other than HyperTerminal Personal v4 (mentioned elsewhere) and MS' TELNET, you can also check www.winfiles.com for alternatives. Personally, I prefer MS' quirky TELNET to many other free implementations; I have mine set to always open with a 35 rows.