[ale] creating a 1.2 5.25" boot disk

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Mon May 24 18:48:05 EDT 1999

Are you trying to DD a 1.44 image onto a 1.2 floppy? That won't work because
the 1.44 has 18 sectors per track whereas the 1.2 only has 15 sectors per
track.

You might try starting with a boot disk from either
  LOAF (http://www.ecks.org/loaf) or
  Pocket Linux (http://pocket-linux.coven.vmh.net/index.html.en)
as both appear to fit on a 1.2.

Hmm, I'll see if I can figure out how to build a 1.2 boot image tonight (by
mis-formatting a 1.44, probably).