[ale] How to Automate FTP ????

Patrick Ramsey Ramsey_Patrick at promina.org
Mon May 24 11:53:31 EDT 1999

Well, I thought NT came with some type of scripting language... But if it doesn't there's this really cool OS that does.
It's called Linux... You may have heard of it...   :p

>>> "Vijayaraman.S,J16 Chennai" <vijayaraman at msdc.hcltech.com> 05/24 2:08 AM >>>
Hi All,
 well this is actually a help i need. I need to automate FTP to  a
particular machine from my client an Windows NT
 i want to upload data from this NT to a Unix box or an IBM S/390
(mainframe) every 5 minutes ,but i am not able to automate the ftp to given
IP address say for example i need to FTP data to 123.100.123.12 with a user
id of 'xyz' and password 'abcd' with binary mode of transfer and a default
directory of 'dir1' in the host. Any ideas??????
Thanks.

Regards,
S. VIJAYARAMAN,