[ale] Telnet to Linux from a winbox

Mark Thomasson mthomass at scad.edu
Mon May 24 11:15:19 EDT 1999

You should be able to run Telnet.exe found in the sysytem out of the box.
Its standard with any installation on any Windows box.

If this person is using Hyperterminal ( found under  Accessories) that comes
with 95/98/NT, then  you can go to Hilgraeve Web site
(http://www.hilgraeve.com/htpe.html )  and download the  free upgrade to
Hyperterminal Personal Edition , which allows TCP/IP connections .If you
don't upgrade you are limited to connecting via a Com port (modem/direct
connect) with Hyperterminal.

Mark Thomasson
Senior Systems Administrator
Savannah College of Art & Design