[ale] Telnet to Linux from a winbox

Zhongbin Yu " <zyu at tc.net> Zhongbin Yu " <zyu at tc.net>
Mon May 24 11:11:46 EDT 1999

internel folder in control-panel
choose LAN as primary. seems the modem is now the primary.

Jerry Yu
Systems Engineer	| zyu at tc.net
Premiere Technologies	| 404-262-8544(O)	1-800-979-1105 (P)
Atlanta, GA 30326	| ae.tc.net/dept/engineering/op/public/developer/zyu

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Wandered Inn wrote:

#"Brubakken, Eric" wrote:
#>
#> Ok, not really on track for this group.  But..
#>
#> I am running a Lynksys LAN using a four port hub.  I just set up a new
#> 98winbox this weekend and now every time I try to use telnet to connect to
#> my Linux box it tries to connect through my modem.  Does anyone know how to
#> turn off this 'feature'? My old 98winbox works just fine.  Also,does anyone
#> have any suggestions on what is available ( i.e. cheap ) that I could use
#> instead of telnet?
#
#Doesn't telnet come with the networking stuff on win98?  I'm not sure I
#understand the 'cost' issue here.
#
#>
#>
#> Thanks
#>
#> Eric Brubakken
#
#--
#Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
#
#It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
#	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl
#