[ale] Basic configuration advice needed.

Clay Lawrence servo at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 25 19:38:43 EDT 1999

That's what the last number is for after each entry in fstab, it tells fsck what partitions
to check and in what order. A one indicates the bootable partition so you only get to use
it once. After that you can give multiple entries a 2 or 3 or whatever and it will check
them in numerical order and check those with the same number at the same time. It won't get
you anywhere though if your partitions are all on one physical drive since the heads can
only be in one place at a time. It works quite well though if you have multiple drives :-)

Clay