[ale] more debugging questions

Joseph Rattz Jr joerattz at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 09:43:42 EDT 1999

> programs, how can you see
> the values of #defines?  Since these are not local

You can't.  I am sure that the compiler will have an
option though that will spit out the preprocessor's
output into a file for you.  Form that, you can tell
what the #defines are evaluated to.

--- Lisa Chiang <chiang at nwisgw3.ic.ornl.gov> wrote:
> ALErs:
>
> I figured out my last problem using the debugger
> (had -g option in wrong
> compile command of my makefile).
>
> Now I have another question.  When I am debugging C
> programs, how can you see
> the values of #defines?  Since these are not local
> variables how do I verify
> that the prepocessor/compiler saw these correctly?
>
> BTW, I am using DDD which is pretty impressive.
> Thanks.
>
>   --
> Lisa Chiang
> Oak Ridge National Laboratory
> P. O. Box 2008, MS 6004
> Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-6004
> Phone: 423-574-5699
> Pager: 423-417-5538

===
Please don't add the e-mail address of this message to
any e-mail address books.  Please use my normal e-mail
address (joerattz at mindspring.com) for any correspondence
other than the reply of a message I send you.  This is
because the address that is originating this message is
a temporary one.  Thank you.