[ale] WebTV with Linux

Patrick Ramsey Ramsey_Patrick at promina.org
Tue Jun 15 23:33:59 EDT 1999

Well... I have never tried it before to tell you the truth.  But if my logic is correct, I would say that X has nothing to do with it.  It is handled at the hardware level.  IF you have something plugged into the RCA jack, the card will switch from Dsub to RCA and send the data to the TV.  (unless of course the card isn't all that and requires software control) As far as X goes, all you should have to do is adjust the refresh.

<<< <hirsch at mathcs.emory.edu>  6/15 10:37p >>>
On 15 Jun, Patrick Ramsey wrote:
> I would stick to the SB awe 32/64 combo.  They are relatively cheap now.  I am currently running a Velocity 4400 with TV out ($89) and it smokes!
> It uses the nvidia server to run xfree.

Is the TV out really supported under X?  I've been trying to find a
board that can do that.

How does it look on TV?  What resolutions are supported?

Thanks,

--
Michael