[ale] Intergrated Development Environments

Glenn R. Stone gstone at mediaone.net
Fri Jun 11 22:32:30 EDT 1999

"Eric Z. Ayers" wrote:

> Josh Bonczkowski writes:
>  > I saw someone mention emacs.  If you want to use an emacs environment,
>  > but not have to learn all the commands you need right away, I would suggest
>  > using XEmacs.
>
> Amen
>
> And I would say,
> "You don't have time NOT to learn emacs :-)"

Now, now.  I was trying not to go there.

Emacs in X mode is point-and-clickish enough that you can get by ok.
Emacs in LINE mode, however, is IMHO more horribly arcane than
vi.  Now, what will REALLY get you in trouble is using vi-mode for
bash on your personal uid, when root is hardwired to default to emacs-mode.

Whee.

--gs