[ale] How do I track the Machine name by knowing the IP address ?????

Vijayaraman.S,J16 Chennai vijayaraman at msdc.hcltech.com
Wed Jun 9 11:08:53 EDT 1999

------_=_NextPart_001_01BEB289.FCCFB70C

hi all,
    i have a good question for you guys though i actually require help in
this matter.
How can i find the mac address (physical address of the NIC card) and the
machine name (running windows 95 or 98)
(most importantly i require the windows machine name ) by knowing the IP
address alone.??? well i tried to find a solution but couldnt find an answer
for this, and no one in the   windows list could help me out and so i have
backed on my most reliable source of information the ale group.well also if
u can help me with some code to track the physical address by giving the IP
address......
thanx a lot,

P.s : I luv linux but my organisation runs on windows
Regards,
S. VIJAYARAMAN,

------_=_NextPart_001_01BEB289.FCCFB70C

</pre>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>How do I track the Machine name by knowing the IP address =
?????</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">hi all,</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">    i have a good question for =
you guys though i actually require help in this matter.</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">How can i find the mac address (physical =
address of the NIC card) and the machine name (running windows 95 or =
98)     </FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">(most importantly i require the windows =
machine name ) by knowing the IP address alone.??? well i tried to find =
a solution but couldnt find an answer for this, and no one in =
the   windows list could help me out and so i have backed on =
my most reliable source of information the ale group.well also if u can =
help me with some code to track the physical address by giving the IP =
address......</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">thanx a lot,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">P.s : I luv linux but my organisation runs on =
windows</FONT>
<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">Regards,</FONT></B>
<BR><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Courier New">S. =
VIJAYARAMAN</FONT></B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Times New =
Roman"> </FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>