[ale] Superbowl Humor

David S. Jackson dsj at dsj.net
Sun Jan 31 05:47:41 EST 1999

Here's a story I hope you'll like!

----- Forwarded message from Robert Blum <rkblum at worldnet.att.net> -----

 From: "Robert Blum" <rkblum at worldnet.att.net>
To:
<...>

Subject: Just a Joke
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 19:38:10 -0500

The new arrival in Hell was brought before the devil.  The devil told his
demon to put the man to work on a rock pile with a 20-pound sledge hammer in
95 degree heat with 95% humidity.  At the end of the day, the devil went to
see how the man was doing, only to find him smiling and singing as he
pounded rocks.  The man explained that the heat and hard labor were very
similar to those on his beloved farm back in Georgia.  The devil told his
demon to turn up the heat to 120 degrees, with 100% humidity.  At the end of
the next day, the devil again checked on the new man, and found him still
happy to be sweating and straining.  The man explained that it felt like the
old days, when he had to clean out his silo in the middle of August on his
beloved farm back in Georgia.  At that, the devil told his demon to lower
the temperature for this man to 20 degrees with a 40 mph wind.  At the end
of the next day, the devil was confident he would find the man miserable.
But the man was instead singing louder than ever, twirling the sledge hammer
like a baton.  When the devil asked him why he was so happy, the man
answered, "Cold day in hell, the Falcons must be going to the Super Bowl!"

----- End forwarded message -----

:-)

--
David S. Jackson                           http://www.dsj.net