[ale] isp connection prob

bj bj at cth.ccsl.com.np
Fri Jan 22 09:40:37 EST 1999

Dear Sir / Madame ,
I have been using redhat linux 5.0 in my 486 machine . I have been using
"modprobe ppp0" to load my pppd , then minicom to keep connection with my
isp .
I can successfully do it in the text mode or bash prompt . I can ping my
isp server , telnet etc.
The problem starts once I go to x-windows , free x86. Once I start my
x-windows I am not able to ping my isp servers & the connection just stops
to function .
If I start my x-windows & dial with minicom I can get my logon window ,but
when I try to type my details ,it is like hitting the enter key.It does not
seem to type.
MY connection works fine when I am on the bash prompt but stops to work
once I use X-windows .
I donot seem to be able to locate the problem.
Thank you for your help in advance .