[ale] emacs?

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Jan 14 10:26:10 EST 1999

    Matthew> As far as I can tell, there is no file named emacs on my
    Matthew> system.  The above are directories.  The only reason I
    Matthew> tried the alias emacs=... is because emacs would not load
    Matthew> at all

	You should probably try using `rpm -qa | grep -i emacs' to
make sure the emacs packages are actually installed, and then use the
`rpm --verify package' command to get rpm to check that everything
that's supposed to be installed looks OK.  Another helpful command is
`rpm -ql package', which will list all the files installed by the
package specified.

--
Fletch                |                                            __`'/|
fletch at phydeaux.org   |       "I drank what?" -- Socrates          \ o.O'