[ale] make config ?

Brad Sawyer bsawyer at sat.sita.int
Fri Jan 8 13:02:14 EST 1999

Super!   Thats what I wanted to know.  I hadn't tried make menuconfig, at
least not successfully :)

Next question:  Downloaded/compiled linux 2.0.36 with 3com nic support with
no prob,  and I know it has PPP support built in. But I didn't know what
version of PPP.  So I downloaded PPP 2.3.5 and attempted the 'make kernel'
which adds PPP2.3.5 source  to the linux kernel source.

At this point I can no longer compile linux kernel.  Am I doing something
that is not necessary (ie. Is most current, stable, ppp already in linux
2.0.36?)?

using gcc 2.7.2.1  from slack 3.2

Thanks,
Brad