[ale] Q: with xdm, where do I set 'xhost +blah' on login?

John M. Mills jmills at jmills.gtri.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 7 17:36:42 EST 1999

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, michael mcdermott wrote:

> It would go into the .xsession file in your home directory, at least that is
> where I have mine.
> "John M. Mills" wrote:
> > 'Lo - I'm running xdm (X-Window w/login screen) and fvwm95-2 for my own
> > session, and I would like to set a few authorizations for every X session:

> > xhost +blah1
> > xhost +blah2

I tried an ~/.xsession with _only_ this content and it killed my login,
dumping me back at the splash screen.

Do you have the default content of /usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession (or whatever)
in there, too, or is there a way to append this (I mean dynamically at
login) to the xdm default?

TIA -mills

  John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer -- john.mills at gtri.gatech.edu
  Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0834
        Phone contacts: 404.894.0151 (voice), 404.894.6285 (FAX)
         "The cardinal virtues of a programmer are Laziness,
            Impatience, and Hubris." -- attr. Larry Wall