[ale] Need Recommedations On Multi-Port Serial Card

jeff_hubbs at mcgraw-hill.com jeff_hubbs at mcgraw-hill.com
Mon Feb 8 09:17:49 EST 1999

Mark -

Have a look at http://www.cyclades.com.  They have an eight-port card.

I plan to get one myself so I can have one Linux PC act as a console for
several VAX and MicroVAX machines - we have four dual-session VT terminals
doing that job now.

- Jeff

bwentdg at pipeline.com on 02/06/99 01:18:08 AM

To:   "ale" <ale at ale.org>, "LINUX SA" <linuxsa at linuxsa.org.au>
cc:    (bcc: Jeff Hubbs/Tower)

Subject:  [ale] Need Recommedations On Multi-Port Serial Card

Hello :)
I have a Redhat 5.2 LINUX Box.
I am looking for a recommendation on a supported board has multiple RS232-C
connectors.
I am looking to have several MODEMS and other things attached to the box.
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good card ?
I have not seen a "HowTO" on this, has anybody else found one ?
THX & Be Well
Mark