[ale] LI (?)

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 30 22:30:26 EST 1999

If you upgraded your kernel at some point and forgot to run lilo, this
could have caused it.  Sometimes, the first few time you try to boot
everything works fine (the disk sectors used by the old kernel are
still intact), but then as the disk space for your old kernel is
re-used, you eventually cannot boot (because lilo is pointing to what
was a kernel image and now looks more like the digital equivalent  of
scrambled eggs)

Just my $.02

-Eric.