[ale] Home Networking Qn

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at NIIT.com
Thu Dec 30 17:44:20 EST 1999

Among the products that network PCs together in a home environment using
house power wiring, are there any that work like Ethernet transceivers,
i.e., you'd have Ethernet cards in your machines and you'd plug them into
little boxes that in turn plug into wall sockets throughout the house?

If not, are there any such products that are known to work with Linux or,
better yet, both Linux and Windows on the same network?

- Jeff (not too keen on running Cat 5 UTP throughout the domicile)

P.S. If I were to use such a thing, I'd slap some ferrites on my mains
feed...