[ale] kernel reconfig with pcmcia module support

Sue Bauer-Lee sblee at tazmania.org
Mon Dec 27 00:20:19 EST 1999

Happy holidays to all!

Anyone have any experience building a new kernel with pcmcia support?
I've installed the kernel-source-<version>.... which includes the
pcmcia-cs source in /usr/src/linux directory. I seem to be missing
something though in the art of notifying the kernel source tree of
its actual existence so that it knows the modules even exist. Or,
perhaps I'm jsut confused. If I 'make config; make all; make install'
in pcmcia-cs tree, the modules are installed in /lib/modules/<version>/pcmcia.
I think I've chosen the correct options for 'make config'. The problem I
run into is that after I make and install my new kernel - which installs
its own modules - and reboot, I never seem to get adequate pcmcia support.

Since the kernel-pcmcia-cs rpm is already installed, maybe I should
just maually copy over the modules to /lib/modules/<version> and cross
my fingers? The kernel source tree really doesn't NEED to know about
the additional modules, right?

Also, anyone heard of a module named:  new_tunnel/tunl0?
Can't seem to find any docs for it.....
Sue Bauer-Lee          |    KE4HNN
PO Box 2900            |
Lilburn, GA 30048      |    Email: sblee at tazmania.org