[ale] newbie: modem configuration

Nick Robinson nicknackr at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 26 19:38:46 EST 1999

At 04:52 PM 12/26/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Try typing "ps aux" to which process is locking your modem. It may be
>that you locked the modem with a previous attempt to connect. Make sure
>you have killed any process that may be locking the modem and try again.

Thanks Jim,
	Next problem, it's telling me that the script has failed.  I've used rehat
linux system configuration tool to set up my info.  Guess I may need to go
into the files and edit them. Just need a good model to do that. Actually,
I've already done that previously, but something must be wrong with my script.
	Can anyone point me to a man file that covers this in detail?
	You guys won't need an email to tell you when i get this modem working.
You'll be able to hear my whoop! :-)
	Thanks, Nick