[ale] newbie: modem configuration

Jim jcphil at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 26 16:52:02 EST 1999

Try typing "ps aux" to which process is locking your modem. It may be
that you locked the modem with a previous attempt to connect. Make sure
you have killed any process that may be locking the modem and try again.
If that doesn't work, check your script and be sure it doesn't have
duplicate lines for opening the modem. You may also try to connect using
minicom, just to be sure you can get a stable connection.