[ale] Linux Distro's

Ben Coleman oloryn at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 17 15:27:23 EST 1999

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:46:30 -0500, Bob's ALE Mail wrote:

>Slackware gives more granularity in selecting what to install and you
>might find that it solves your problem (I'm about to install Slackware 7).

Yeah, I've got a 386 with a 120MB hard drive currently running as my
Dial-on-Demand gateway, running Slackware 4.0.  What with the doubled
size of the 2.2 kernel source(compared to the 2.0 kernel source) I have
to do kernel recompiles for it on another machine, but Slackware does
allow me to keep the size small enough to fit what I need on 120MB.  If
I upgrade that to 7.0, I'll have to keep the development stuff off of
it, as glibc 2.1 takes up some 89MB.

Ben

--
Ben Coleman oloryn at mindspring.com    | The attempt to legislatively