[ale] OT: Affordable ADSL for Paulding County?

Chris Kilroy kilroyc at ufl.edu
Wed Dec 15 17:44:44 EST 1999

on the subject of BellSouth:

i just ordered my ADSL service

Chris:  And does this include a static IP address?
BellSouth:  OH YES! We give you a DYNAMIC IP address.

i mean DYNAMIC must be better than static, right?

Yes and i ordered anyway.  I actually live in a small beach community in Florida
(Crescent Beach, south of St. Augustine - which is itself nowhere) but that is
probably why i can get ADSL.  Because we are isolated from the infrastructure of a
real city, we have our own central office in crescent beach, which means i can get
ADSL!
pretty cool i say.

Take it easy,
Chris