[ale] How do I update the "locate" database

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at NIIT.com
Mon Dec 6 12:18:12 EST 1999

It's either locate -u or -U, depending on whether you want it to search down
from / or from some other path you select (check man locate for details).  I
have had some problems in the past where  locate -u would lock up when I
have DOS partitions, but I haven't investigated the problem further.

- Jeff