[ale] laptop configurations

Reverend ryan at toast.wildfyre.com
Mon Aug 30 15:47:05 EDT 1999

I do quite a bit of that.  All I do is set up a script to change my
configuration.  My dialup works by default since I do not have a LAN where
i dial up.  the script should contain three lines:

ifconfig eth0 down
ifconfig eth0 <IPADDR> netmask <NETMASK> broadcast <BROADCAST>
route add default gw <GATEWAY>

Make as many of these as you need for your different networks.  You may
want to have your main network come up be default or something.

The ReVeReND
<ryan at toast.wildfyre.com>