[ale] laptop configurations

tmj at atlantageek.com tmj at atlantageek.com
Mon Aug 30 14:49:26 EDT 1999

Hi,
I am the proud owner of a new laptop running redhat 6.0.  My problem is
that I run on multiple networks and a dialup connection.  Does anyone
have any suggestions on how I can set up something at bootup to select
which network configuration to use.  I did come across something in the
linux laptop howto that was did some of this.  But I was wondering if
anyone else is having this problem.

A somewhat similar problem I am having is the occasional lockup by
netscape when I am not connected to a network.  I set it for loading a
blank home page but it is being very tempermental (netscape 4.5)  I've
figured out that if I wipe out the .netscape directory it resets itself
and everything works fine.  But this really sucks for obvious reasons.
Does anyone have any suggestions.