[ale] Re: [NTLUG:Discuss] Re: [svlug] EVENT: Burn All GIFs Day.

Jeff Rush jrush at summit-research.com
Mon Aug 30 02:07:37 EDT 1999

Actually, the issue is more serious that most think.  The paragraph
from the Unisys page:

>Currently applicable information as to Unisys licensing policies for products using LZW
>(GIF, TIFF-LZW, PostScript, Portable Document Format (PDF), V.42bis, etc.) can be
>obtained by contacting the following:

Sooo, lose the Python PIL (image processing module), many graphics
libraries for Linux (Gnome?), Ghostscript, various PDF readers/writers
such as the libraries in Gnome for displaying PDF, the Python extension
module for writing PDFs -and- any of several compressing PPP modules
including the ISDN4Linux v.42bis one that is already in the Linux kernel...
I imagine there are Perl equivalents to the Python modules I mention
that I'm unware of.

Talk about a tangled web...

-Jeff Rush