[ale] Need new files

Tri merlintm at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 14 11:32:53 EDT 1999

I'm running debian 2.1.
I decided to get enlightenment from cvs and compile it, but I found out
that I need some updated files for my dist in order to download, and
compile it.(cvs,autoconf,automake, etc) I could have downloaded the
newest tarballs of these files, but I didn't want to cause any conflicts

with the debs on my system( of course I could have removed the deb
versions and install the tarballs in their place, but I wanted a more
elegant solution.) I decided to try out the unstable version of
debian(potato) since it had the updated files I needed. I used apt to
get potato installed, but there were a whole bunch of files missing and
the potato files were conflicting like crazy with my older deb 2.1
files.  I had no choice but to do a wipe of the system and install
potato from the beginning. I expected some problems installing the
unstable version, but there were way too many. I seems like some files
are listed in the package list but don't exist in the ftp servers. A
setback for sure.
So just wondering if I should go back to 2.1 and install the new
tarballs for the files I need, or if you guys can offer a better
solution.

Thanks,
Tri