[ale] tasks.h

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at switchco.com
Sat Aug 14 01:33:07 EDT 1999

This determines the maximum potential number of processors that the
system can support at any given point in time. The kernel autodetects
the actual number of processors upon boot up as long as __SMP__ was
defined, otherwise its simply zero. You'll find that this value helps
establish the number of active contexts that are statically allocated
for the kernel for task switching purposes. This is evidently a newer
kernel because previous ones didn't go up to 32 as I recall. Note that
some system configuration values have other dependencies that must be
altered as well for the intended consequences to take place so be sure
you know what you intend to do before you go simply trying out new
values for these constants. If only C++ features were used to keep
this stuff more organized... <duck>!

	regards,

		Ben Scherrey