[ale] remote X from other OSs

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Fri Aug 6 22:23:02 EDT 1999

> I don't know the protocol for a "delurk" for a maillist..but here goes.
>
> My name is Jeff Martin, I am one of the members of the Linux Club at
> Devry (decatur).
>
> We have convinced the Administration that we need a Linux server inside
> the firewall-- since there will only be one for the next 10 weeks , and
> then only three, we wanted to have some kind of software on the Windows
> machines so that X-windows could be run on multiple machines
> concurrently.

Take a look at vnc.  Most people use it to access Windows boxes from a
UNIX box (like pcanywhere), but you can use it on a windows box as an x
server.  It's free.  Check it out at http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl