[ale] Genereal Netscape Problems

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Aug 2 09:04:22 EDT 1999

JANINDRA at MS.NDCORP.COM wrote:

> I am counting down the days until Opera finally releases their browser for
> Linux. Until then can someone offer advice for successfully using Netscape.
> Occassionally it will just "crash" for no apparent reason. Other times when
> it tries to load a JAVA applet it will crash. I am using the 4.6 RPM from
> RedHat. Has anyone had similiar problems and have found a work around to
> this? Any help would be appreciated. I do have to use a graphical browser so
> please don't tell me that Lynx works great ;)

I know there are bugs in 4.6, per Netscape support, so you should
upgrade to 4.61.  The bugs are with handling javascript though.

I use Netscape both for my browser and email and it's rock solid, for
me.  I did have problems with Java until I properly set MOZILLA_HOME, so
Netscape could locate java40.jar.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl