[ale] Asus motherboards

matt myurman at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 1 00:15:05 EDT 1999

At 03:20 PM 7/31/99 EDT, you wrote:
>	I am planning to buy one of two motherboards currently. The two
>in question are the Asus P5A and the Asus P5A-B. I am wondering if anyone
>uses either of these boards, and how well they work with linux. I am not
>trying to get a recommendation on another board unless I find that these
>boards will not work with Linux. I've got some stats on them from the
>Asus website (Some formatting replaced with strange characters, not
>enough time to filter them out) that I will put at the bottom of this
>message. And if it matters, I plan to put an AMD K6-2 350MHz processor in
>it.

my experiance has been they work fine with linux.  however, i can't recommend
them.  they can only cache 128mb of ram and i find that unacceptable.  a
better
choice might be a mother board based on the VIA MVP3 chipset since they
usually
can cache 256mb or more of ram and the chipsets seem to be a little less buggy
and better supported.