[ale] Linux system testing software?

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sun Apr 18 20:33:01 EDT 1999

"Robert L. Harris" wrote:

>   One of my systems is acting very strangely.  I'm wondering if something
> may be failing.  I don't have windows on this system so I'm wondering
> if there are any good system testing utils for linux, memory, cache, etc?

I used a program called memtest86 to identify some bad ram a few months
ago.  I can't recall where I downloaded it, but if you can't find it via
one of the search engines, let me know and I'd be glad to forward the
the version I used.

This thing is not Linux based.  It runs before boot, so it should work
with any OS...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

It should be illegal to yell "Y2K" in a crowded economy.
	-- Larry Wall, creator of the programming language Perl