[ale] Linux figures

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Sun Apr 18 16:57:58 EDT 1999

	My dad argues that linux is not wide spread, and I agree that
relative to Windows, it isn't. But I also think he is underestimating its
numbers. Here is what I would like to be able to present to him, so I
need numbers, URLs, whatever:

A) How many Linux users have registered as guaranteed users?
B) What are the estimated figures of linux users?
C) What well-known companies currently use linux for part or all of their
business?
D) What well-known companies have investments in linux, or support it in
some other way?
E) Anything else I missed.

P.S. I read on some Linux page that there is a project for a linux
distribution that serves as a router that fits on a floppy disk. How much
disk space would it require for linux to serve as a router for web,
email, basically everything a small business uses?

Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com (Normal, no attachments)
MGolden at Airapps.com (Only for messages with attachments.)
Slackware 3.5 (2.0.34) Linux user -- Linux Advocate

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]