[ale] Weird dd error..

Jay Finch horus at larp.com
Fri Apr 16 10:44:42 EDT 1999

Hey guys,
	Sorry to bug you again, but I have a perplexing problem...

I have been reading about how the dd command can be used to (essentially)
mirror data from one hard drive to another.  Well, I bit the bullet,
upgraded my hda1 from a 604 MB drive to a 1.02 GB drive.  Now my 1.02 GB
drive is showing up (in df) as a 604 MB drive!  (The data came out
correctly, however)

I used the following command:

dd if=/dev/hda1 of=/dev/hdb1

hda1 = Seagate 604MB Drive (Don't have the model number handy)
hdb1 = Seagate 1002MB Drive (Also don't have the model number handy)

----

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Jay
-----
Jay Finch                       : "I couldn't help but notice how
Owner/GKE of NERO-Atlanta       :  the moonlight reflects off your
(770) 650-0410  (voice)         :  sticky, gelatinous tongue."
(770) 902-3049  (pager)         :       -- Frank the iguana
horus at larp.com                  :
MTBI Survey says:  ENFJ         :
      Check out my home page at:  http://www.photobooks.com/~horus/