[ale] Modules

Jim Popovitch jimpop at rocketship.com
Wed Apr 14 19:39:30 EDT 1999

> Is there or will there ever be any way to just download a module
>and plug it in without having to recompile the kernel?

Sure!  I do it all the time.  Samba, Diald, FTP, updates, bug-fixes, new
applications, and even a few games.  Where did you get the idea that
everything had to be compiled?  Open Source means just that, it's *open*, as
in available for you to use.  It doesn't mean you have to take advantage of
it's openness and compile everything.  Some guys (and gals) do, but then
there are still those among us who change the oil in their own cars.

-Jim