[ale] NT vs LINUX can it be true?

Gary Maltzen maltzen at mm.com
Wed Apr 14 16:22:46 EDT 1999

As a sysadmin for both, I monitor both NTSYSADMIN and ALE lists. Your NT
junkie should also by now have seen this reply:

----[NTSYSADMIN excerpt]----

Hey kids, thought you might be interested, this is from:

http://linuxtoday.com/stories/4938.html

The mainstream media reads Linux Today, and I want to make sure that this
message is heard loud and clear:

In regard to the recent Mindcraft survey that showed that Windows NT
outperforms Linux, the careful journalist will understand that Microsoft
provided the funding for this "analysis". Take a look at this piece of
information, hidden in the middle of the white paper:

"Mindcraft, Inc. conducted the performance tests described in this report
between March 10 and March 13, 1999. Microsoft Corporation sponsored the
testing reported herein."

---[the reply goes on to talk about journalistic credence and
objectivity]----

an NT junkie at my office forwarded me this: