[ale] Viper550 or Banshee?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at rocketship.com
Tue Apr 6 16:34:07 EDT 1999

I have a Diamond Viper 550 and a Creative Labs VooDoo2 Banshee.  Both cards
are excellent, and both work well under X, Win98 & WinNT.  Make sure, which
ever one you get, that you go to the Diamond or Creative web page and get
the latest drivers!

The Diamond Viper 550 was easiest to install all the way around.  (on RedHat
5.2 X Windows I just used the Diamond Riva128 settings).  The
VooDoo2-Banshee needs a custom X server from the link below.

    http://glide.xxedgexx.com/3DfxRPMS_vb_glibc.html

Make sure you get an AGP card, it's worth it.

-Jim