[ale] Pico and Joe

Jerry Yu zyu at tc.net
Wed Oct 14 09:32:11 EDT 1998

hi, denethor,

at command prompt in a xterm or VT. Type
1). 'pico',  to start the program if any and it is in your PATH env
variable.
2) 'whereis pico', to locate where it is.
3) 'locate pico', to find all file entries containing 'pico'.
3.5) or use 'find / -name pico -print'

pico is more or less like notepad, with its commands at the bottom of the
screen, ctrl as meta key.

If you are going to some serious work under UNIX/LINUX, vi worths a try. I
like it so far. vim, the improved version, has syntax highlighting for c,
perl, SQL, etc.

Good luck.

Jerry Yu
Systems Engineer	| zyu at tc.net
Premiere Technologies	| 404-262-8544(O)
Atlanta, GA 30326	| ae.tc.net/dept/engineering/op/public/developer/zyu