[ale] Re: Atlanta Linux Showcase (peripherally about)

amy at og.ns.gatech.edu amy at og.ns.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 5 10:06:00 EDT 1998

> > >Actually one question springs to mind. Location of good thai resturants in
> > >the area...
>
> Taste of Thai in Norcross, at I-85 and Jimmy Carter, off of Brookhollow Pkwy
> is ok.
>
> Royal Thai is somewhere around Briarcliff Road.

Tamarind is near 14th and 75, somewhat across from Veni Vidi Vici.
More expensive, with more frills and service - good food.

Surin of Thailand, Virginia Highlands (Highland Ave). Good, but
not my personal favorite, maybe because tables are so close
together. But a favorite of many other Thai fans.

King and I, in back of Ansley Mall, off of Piedmont (across from
Blockbuster music shopping mall). Great/speedy service, good
prices, good food. I've only been for lunch, but friends of mine
who live near it eat there for dinner all the time. Very
consistent. [There is also a King and I near the Briarcliff
Marta station, in the same shopping center as Mellow Mushroom]

Pad Thai, Virginia Highlands (Va & Highland intersection, across
from gas station, far side of Murphy's). Good service, good food.

Thai restaurant (don't know name) in Midtown Promenade, near the
movie theater. I've been for lunch twice - was fine.

Lemon Grass Thai, Roswell Road (120 loop) in Marietta (75, exit 112,
check a map!) is very good, won an award recently.

-Amy