[ale] Sendmail 8.9.1, Linuxconf, mail.local annoyances, and me...

Stephan Uphoff ups at tree.com
Fri Oct 2 12:14:42 EDT 1998

You are probably running sendmail as user mail (RunAsUser).

If you do not need to deliver mail directly files (procmail is fine)
you might just want to change the access rights of /var/spool/mqueue to
allow mail write access to the queue.
Otherwise you should run sendmail as root.

Warning: I am almost totaly clue-less about sendmail.
         Everything I say might be ridiculously wrong.

Stephan

Jay Finch: